I finished quilting the 2nd quilt on Wednesday and attempted to sew on the binding. I cut the binding at 2 1/4" and tried using the Binding Thingy for my mitered corners. It turned out ok; I should have stuck to the way I did the last quilt. I usually cut my binding at 2 1/2" which leaves plenty to machine stitch to the back (I used to hand stitch the binding but since I was pressed for time on both of these quilts, I machine stitched them which needs some practice). That 1/4" made a big difference and I didn't catch quite a bit of the binding when I machine stitched. I ripped out all of the stitching and will hand stitch it next week.
We made a quick trip up to my son's to deliver the baby crib and dresser that my grandson used. I took the quilt with me and decided to leave it up there since I will be back up there next Sunday. The girls will be coming very soon. My daughter in law is very uncomfortable and has slowed way down. I hope they wait until I get back up there! She is dilated to 3 cm and having contractions off and on most days.
I'm going to get a small quilt done for my grandson this week. He's been watching me making these quilts for his cousins and keeps asking me if the blankets are for him. He'll be so excited to have his own and I'm excited to make one for him!
Will post pics later!