Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Next Quilt


I bought a Jelly Roll from Fat Quarter Shop and the book "Jelly Roll Quilts" by Pam and Nicky Lintott. The Jelly Roll is Moda's "Luv U" by Deb Strain.

The pattern I'm using from the book is "Blue Lagoon" a simple, scrappy 4 patch with sashing. To cut down on the size, I'm doing 6 blocks across and 6 rows down instead of 10 and 10. The finished size should be close to the pink/purple quilt I finished last week.

I was torn between this fabric and Moda's "Attitude Girls". I saw the Attitude Girls line in a quilt store last week and I really wish I had chose that instead of the one I have. The chance we take when we order online, right? I like the design of this fabric but I like the brilliant colors of the other one better.

At any rate, I'm stitching it up! I found with the last quilt I wasn't happy with the floral fabric I had chose either. The more I cut, pieced and assembled, the more I liked it. Once it was done, I really liked it. I'm sure the same will hold true with this one as well.


No comments: