Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Quilt Top is Finished!


I finished piecing the 2nd quilt for my granddaughters today. This one was the one I probably should have done first as I stressed quite a bit about the kaleidoscope feeling I had bit off a little more than I was ready for! Then again, that quilt helped me gain some much needed confidence!

I wasn't too sure about the fabrics when I first received them. I am happy with the way it turned out. I also wasn't sure if I should use white for the background and the only other color I felt would compliment the colors was gold. I went with the mottled gold color as I feared white would be too much. Decisions, decisions....It's bright!

I will be loading it up on the quilt frame tomorrow and get going with the quilting.

2 comments:

Jandi said...

It looks great and I love the yellow/gold you used to your border and sashings!

Vickie said...

Thank you, Jandi! I'm really glad I chose the yellow/gold, too, instead of white!