Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Quilt Update

The top is pieced and ready for the quilt frame!

I have to admit, having not pieced a quilt top in 8 years or so, and, choosing this particular pattern for my come back, definitely stretched me at times! A lot of sewing, ripping and re-sewing. I'm happy with the end result even though the fabric I chose was not the best in terms of the kaleidoscope effect and it seems a bit too "fancy" for newborn girls. Oh well... Also, the pattern I was following calls for 8 kaleido blocks and I opted for 5 to control the size of the finished quilt.

I ordered a jelly roll today from Fat Quarter Shop and a pattern book. The next quilt for the girls will be fun and whimsical; no more fancy. I also ordered a fun quilt kit to make my 3.5 year old grandson a quilt.

Needless, to say, I have plenty to keep me busy for the next few weeks.


No comments: