Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Oh Boy

I finally loaded my grandson's quilt onto the frame. I spent yesterday tracing circles; not something I have ever done was draw on a quilt top. Before i stopped quilting 8 years ago, I would mostly stitch-in-the-ditch or cross hatching. Having the quilt frame and sewing machine to drive around the quilt, I have been doing random meandering. This time I wanted to do something a little more controlled....

I need to practice, practice and practice! Goodness, I could hardly follow the lines!

The border, sashing and center panel will be free hand meandering. The blocks is what I was attempting to control; thankfully, there aren't a lot of them!

When this project is done, I'm going to load up the frame with plain cloth and practice a little everyday. One of these days, I will be a decent quilter. ;)

No comments: