Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Progressing

The School Days quilt is ready for binding. I was stumped on what to quilt for the border. I tried using a ruler and just doing straight lines around groups of numbers; I didn't like it. Ripped it out; then I tried meandering around the numbers; didn't like that either; ripped it out again. I get into a frame of mind where I'm just too finicky.

I posted a message to the nice ladies of the Quilt Whisperer group and received some really good ideas! Since it's a border, I wanted to keep the quilting somewhat light. This morning, I pinned the quilt back on the frame and did some meandering weaving in and around the groups of numbers. It turned out just fine. Tomorrow will be squaring up and sewing on the binding, washing and presenting it to my grandson.

I received a jelly roll of the Primrose Inn fabric collection and a pattern by Fig Tree entitled Papillon; I'll be making this quilt for my mom for her birthday. I have to have this quilt done by May 15th; I'll be working feverishly. The fabric is incredible and will be great with the pattern. I'm anxious to get started!

In the same order is a pattern by Lynette Anderson Designs entitled Scandinavian Christmas. I stumbled upon her blog a while back and saw the pattern. Each US distributor that she listed didn't have the pattern anymore; I was bummed! I was browsing through patterns at Fat Quarter Shop (my favorite online source) and lo and behold, they had it. It's really neat and will be fun to work on.

I'll post pictures in the next post.

Happy quilting!

No comments: