Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Slow but Sure

Finished!


I finished the granddaughters 2nd quilt, finally! I ended up completely re-doing the binding and I'm happy with it! I will be seeing them tomorrow. I haven't seen them since they were 10 days old; they are now 6 weeks old!

School Day's center of quilt

School Day's Quilt for Landon
I was having issues with my sewing machine in the middle of quilting my grandson's quilt. Took the machine off of the frame and really gave it a good cleaning. I think a piece of thread was stuck somewhere in the bobbin. I tested the machine before putting it back on the frame and it stitched beautifully. Finished up the circles on all the blocks. My husband and I are going out of town for a few days, so I won't be able to finish this quilt until I get back.

I took a little breather from the quilts and made a pillow case. It was so much fun to do! I plan on making several more for gifts and donations.

What's next? I have another baby quilt for a baby due very soon; my mom's birthday is next month and started cutting for a quick quilt for her; a quilt for a sweet lil 4 year old and a king size quilt for her parents. King size!!! I'm saving that one for last!

I have been busy in the sewing room just haven't progressed much. :)

2 comments:

ivoryspring said...

Vickie - those are sweet quilts. I love your use of yellow in them.

NEEDLEWINGS said...

lovely quilts and the sweetest granddaughters! Lucky you. Also love your blog design.