Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Opinions Please

I was working like mad to get a quilt finished to take with me for my mom's birthday. Unfortunately, my grandson became ill and stayed with me all last week.

Sunday, I hand dyed some fabric in sage green for the background. I wanted it to be light and only used 1/2 teaspoon of dye in 2-1/2 gallons of water. I'm not thrilled with it and wish I would have dyed the background in a light brownish color. Anyway....

The quilt won't be done by Saturday which gives me time to change the background fabric. Now I'm trying to figure out what color of fabric to use for the fan corners. I was edging toward a lightish golden brown; but then again, if I change the background fabric to a light brown....perhaps leave the light sage green background and move toward the brownish color for the center squares?


Any and all comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!

Vickie

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Would love to see what you decided to do, but personally I love the background fabric. I would leave it the way it is!