Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

One Flower Wednesday

Here it is Wednesday already!  I have added one more flower to the garden -


Wow!  It comes across a lot brighter in my browser than it is in person.  I sure do enjoy stitching hexagons together.

Sunday, I made this ensemble.  It was fun to make and is real handy to keep my tools together and close.  I still need to sew a button on the thread catcher for hanging from the tool pouch.  I used three fat quarters from Judie Rothermel's Nottingham Village fabric line.  I love the fabric!  I made my tool pouch a little smaller than was in the pattern.  The pattern called for 23" and since I used a fat quarter, I made the tool pockets a little shallower.  It works out just fine.


My Tiny Triangles mini quilt is finished, too.  I have this large blank wall that will be covered with various quilts, stitcheries, etc.  

Tiny Triangles Mini Quilt

I started cutting fabric for another mini quilt from the same pattern booklet.  

Thank you to everyone for all the sweet comments!  I have some catching up to do.  :)

Summer finally hit us here in Southern California.  Up until a couple of days ago, my area of Orange County was still quite cool and comfortable.   My husband and I will drive up to No. California to visit our twin granddaughters!  They are 4 months old; I haven't seen them since they were 6 weeks old.  So looking forward to it!

Have a great day!

Vickie






8 comments:

Sue said...

Vickie!
Your flower is beautiful and those projects you whipped up are great! I really love the fabrics in all.

Your mini quilt is breathtaking!! Love, love all those wonderful fabrics in there. I can't wait to see what your wall looks like when it is filled with all your craftiness:)
Blessings,

Sue

Miriam said...

Beautiful flower.

Ohh my, I really love your mini quilt!! It sparkles!!!!

Tineke said...

I love your neat mini quilt with it's antique look.

You flower in mint is also great. The fabric of the petals is very interesting and I bet one can make quite a few hexagonflowers, all looking different, from that one fabric!

Raewyn said...

That's a lovely hexie-flower, Vickie. The mini quilt is also great - what size are the triangles? They look very tiny. And I also like the fabric you have used for your 'ensemble'... you have been busy!

Crafty Robyn said...

Pretty flower and your other projects are very nice too. You have been busy.

Birdie said...

pretty colour, I like the mini triangles quilt too

Karen said...

That is one beautiful flower Vickie!! Excellent mini triangle quilt!

Kate said...

Your Flower is very pretty,the mini quilt is gorgeous,,,but i really love your work holder,,,great job !