Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

One Flower Wednesday

Hello fellow quilters!  I wasn't able to get my flower posted yesterday.  One more flower closer to a quilt:


I am at the point of cutting into all of those jelly role strips.  For this flower, I wanted to do a little fussy cutting.  I'm pleased with the outcome.

The International Quilt Show was a blast.  This was my first quilt show and so enjoyed looking at all of the wonderful quilts that were on display.  I did a little shopping, too.  My favorite booth was Primitive Gatherings out of Wisconsin.  I went a little crazy.... :)  If money is no problem, one could spend a fortune at these shows!

I have always wanted to test drive long arm machines and I had the opportunity to test quite a few!  What fun!  Here are the machines I tested:

A 1 - very impressed!
Innova - also very impressed!
APQS - Lennie, Freedom and Millenium - I wasn't all that impressed; I found these machines to vibrate a lot more than the A1 or Innova.
Nolting - Fun Quilter and (can't remember the name but it was a 24") - Found these two to have a lot of vibration.
Tin Lizzy - Not a bad set up at a reasonable price.
Gammill, Baby Lock, HQ was there also, but didn't want to wait around to try it out.

I was simply amazed at all the vendors!  The place was packed; I missed the last two rows in the vendor area as I was just too tired.  Imagine that! :)

I have come up with an idea for my bricks and sticks mini quilt.  Since you just can't sew together a 4 1/4 piece to a 3 1/2 inch piece, I'm going to cut the sticks down into blocks and stitch them together.  I just couldn't let it go....drove me nuts to have all of these pieces with no where to go.

Have a great day and the rest of the week!

Vickie

3 comments:

Raewyn said...

Hi Vickie
Cute fussy cutting!! How neat to go to an International Quilt Show - I cant begin to imagine the atmosphere and inspiration there. What fun to try out the long arm machines. Don'[t forget to show us you new look Sticks and Bricks mini quilt!!

Karen said...

Sweet flower!! International Quilt Shows are always fun and you shop till you drop!

Marion B. said...

Oh so sweet.