Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Milky Way Quilt - Finished!


It feels so good to have a finished project!!!!  This is the largest quilt I have done to date.  I made it for a dear friends husband.  Her husband has always wanted a quilt but only a quilt made by a grandma with love.  I was touched when she told me his desire for a handmade quilt and honored to have been asked to make one.

The background fabric is aged muslim; most of the star blocks are civil war reproductions.  

Trust everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Vickie

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Your quilt is gorgeous. Something so appealing about star quilts.

Raewyn said...

What a lovely quilt and a lovely story behind its inception. The fabrics/colours are just perfect.

Momma Made This said...

Congratulations!!!!! It's lovely and I bet you feel so so so good! As a fellow Slow Poke, I know just how it feels to finish the first big quilt! ; )

~ Ronda