Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

24 Hour Quilt

Even this slow poke quilter can whip something up in a hurry!  I can't believe I actually did it!

I felt so guilty about not finishing my mom's birthday quilt that I HAD to produce something to take with me and give to her.  I had a layer cake and made a scrappy, big block quilt.  You don't know how much better I feel.  I'm so glad I went with the challenge and got it done!


I'll be gone for a while and offline since my parents don't use internet.  I have gathered up a few portable projects to keep me busy.  Looking forward to the trip and spending time with mom.

Again, Merry Christmas!

Vickie

4 comments:

Momma Made This said...

I love big blog quilts! My first finished bed sized quilt was a big block!

And yours is lovely!

While I do think you mother is going to be far happier seeing you than your quilt, I'm sure she's going to enjoy the quilt very much, and I'm glad that you feel better about it!

Hugs!
~ Ronda

Sue said...

I really love that quilt and all those fabrics you used in it. Your mother will love this and I am sure she will love the way in which you though of her to make something so beautiful.
I am continuing to pray for you and your travels and that your time with your mother will be precious:)

Merry Christmas hugs to you,
Sue

Julie Fukuda said...

Good for you! It's a great finish. Safe travel and a happy visit!

Kate said...

Hope that you had a great Christmas...and a happy visit with your Mum...our best wishes to you and your family for 2011...Kate xx