Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Update

I arrived in Oklahoma safe and sound on December 19th.  Mom was very weak and it became quite apparent that she didn't have a few months.  My brother and his wife came down for Christmas, which was what mom requested 6 months prior.

On December 26th she passed away.  Everything happened so fast!  I'm greatful that she didn't linger nor did she suffer.  She only had one pain pill on Christmas Day.

She loved the quilt!!  The look on her face was priceless.  I gave it to her a few days before Christmas; I thought about waiting until Christmas and glad I didn't wait. 

Her first doctor's appointment to find out what was going on was on December 6th; she lived 20 days.

We are all doing good.  My dad is adjusting very well and I'll stay with him through his birthday (2/17) and return home.

I'm visitng my Uncle and wanted to catch up while I had a moment of internet access.

All the best,

Vickie

4 comments:

Stray Stitches said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom's passing. It sounds as if she was ready and was just waiting for your brother to show up. To have it happen so quickly is definitely a blessing with little time for suffering. Just know that you and your family are in my prayers.

Sue said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes. I am so glad you were able to be there when she passed away, and though it is a blessing that things went quickly for her, the pain will linger for some time and you really do need to take the time to grieve.

I lost my father one year ago on December 31, 2009. It is a sad time to lose someone you love. Please know that I am praying for you and had been praying for you through the holidays.

I'm glad you let us know. Please take good care of yourself and if you need to talk...I'm here:)

Julie Fukuda said...

There is really nothing I can say to ease the pain but I'm glad you could make it there in time.
Take care, you will be in my prayers.

Kate said...

Dear Vickie..I was so sorry to read this sad news,,and my heart goes out to you and your family at this sad time.It will take time to heal...so take things slowly..and perhaps if you can get a little comfort from some of your very own special memories,My thoughts and prayers are with you..Love Kate xx