Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I arrived home on 2/20; my travels were uneventful, just a long day.  Acclimating back to my 'normal' life took a few days.  All in all, it's good to be home.

We had a nice birthday dinner for my dad on 2/19.  Boy, was it hard to leave him the next day!  I have talked to him daily since and he's doing great!

While I didn't do any quilting while I was gone, I found this latch hook kit in my mom's closet and made it for my dad:






This now covers an unsightly gray electrical box!  He was so pleased and it really brightened up his sitting room.  I had never latch hooked and really enjoyed it!

My quilting area is covered in boxes!  Between the stuff I shipped home from Oklahoma and my daughter who is planning on moving out, there won't be much sewing going on.  However, I did receive these two little goodies in the mail today:





Both patterns are from Bird Brain Design; the pattern on the right is "A Redwork Stitch Sampler" and the other one is "Quilts in the Garden".  I need to decide which on to do first and some stitching will be happening!

Thank you all who sent me the most lovely messages while we were adjusting to my mother's loss.  I wasn't able to respond as I was having problems with emails on my not-so-smart-phone.  Your messages both encouraged and was a great comfort! 

I hope to be blogging a little more often and need to catch up on your blogs, too!

All the best,

Vickie

1 comment:

Sue said...

Vicki, I was just going to email you and ask how you're doing. So glad you are home and it just sounds like you've been busy.
I latch hooked a rug back in the day and now I am trying to re start on a rug hooking project.
Wishing you peace.

Sue