Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Big Changes and 6 Coat Hanger Rule

The big event in my life is that our daughter and grandson moved out this past weekend!  We can now have the 'normal' grandparent relationship with our grandson.  We do miss him, though!  They moved 80 miles away; close enough to visit, far enough to have some space.  Life is good!  I now get to move all of my sewing stuff into a bedroom!  The carpets will be cleaned next week and the fun begins!  I'm so excited to be able to get really organized.  A place for everything and everything in its place.

I have way too many things I really, really want to get done.  Aside from quilting projects, I must get my slipcovers made for the couch and tung oil a few pieces of furniture.  Oiling the furniture won't be very time intensive; I fear the slipcovers may.  The couch will look so much better which is my motivation to get them done!

I read this brilliant idea about the 6 Coat Hanger Rule.  I made a list of UFO's (that I can think of off the top of my head) and will incorporate the coat hangers in my new room.  I have a couple of UFOs from 2001-2002.  Time to get them finished!  I may find I have more than 6 :~.  I'm going to make a list of quilt kits and patterns I have accumulated this past year and check them off as I complete them.  I may have to become a 'list' person so as not to become too overwhelmed by everything I want to make checking them off as I go!

I will have a couple more pictures of the stitcheries for the grandsons camping quilt.

Best,

Vickie

2 comments:

Sue said...

Sounds like you will have a wonderful room to work in !! How nice that your daughter won't be far away either.

You'll have to post some pics of your new work space. It is so nice to have a room to spread out your crafts in. So happy for you!

Happy Easter!

Teresa said...

Your camp quilt embroidery is great. I always back my embroidery fabric with a very light weight pellon and that way the thread do not shadow threw, and it has the double benefit of stabilizing your block. If you are going to hand quilt though, this might not be a good idea.

Good luck with your sewing room - I know you are excited about getting it setup.