Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Busy Holiday Weekend!

A few weeks ago, I bought a cute quilt kit from Homespun Hearth.  I started piecing the top May 18th and really got with it this weekend!  Saturday, I went into the sewing room thinking I was just going to add a couple more strips to the blocks.  Before I knew it, I had all the blocks finished!  I just love it when everything falls into place and you don't want to stop!!  Sunday, the borders were complete.

Today, I spent the day preparing the applique pieces for the quilt top.  Since it deals with curved pieces, I used the freezer paper/starch technique which worked out really, really well.  While not perfect, I'm happy with the way they turned out.  I'm going to start stitching them to the quilt top this evening.


We had a nice bbq yesterday with our daughter, grandson and daughters boyfriend.  She's still healing from the accident and is doing well.  Seat belts and airbags will do some damage to a small-framed girl who weighs 105 pounds.  I'm so thankful that soreness is all the injuries she experienced.

Best,

Vickie

2 comments:

sunny said...

I love it when I jump in and just going an dgoing and going. Can't wait to see what you're making!

rubyslipperz said...

great weekend with loved ones...especially great because they are safe...=)

hugZ,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com