Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Flower and a Finished UFO




It's been awhile since I have completed a flower for One Flower Wednesday!  Looking back, its been since last summer; goodness!  

UFO - Primitive Pinwheel from Primitive Gatherings, finished size 11 x 12-1/2; fabric is Wrapped in Paisley from KC Troubles for Moda; background fabric is Neutral Companions by Francine Quinn for Red Rooster Fabric.  

I purchased the pattern and background fabric at the Int'l Quilt Show last summer and started it in August, 2010.  I used charm squares for the pinwheels.  The scraps from the pinwheels will make a cute mini hexagon table topper or mug rugs.  I better look into new glasses or a stronger magnifying glass to see to stitch half inch hexies!

While I was moving my sewing room into the now spare bedroom, I was able to really see what projects I have to start and the projects that need finishing.  My goal is to work on current projects and maybe a day or two a week, work on finishing up some UFOs.  Plus get back to One Flower Wednesday.

Vickie

9 comments:

Sue said...

I love your flower! Such pretty fabric! And I love your pinwheels. Did you use the little ruler PG has for that pattern? I have it somewhere around my sewing room! I'd better organize so I can find it!

Very pretty!!

Stray Stitches said...

Beautiful flower! Your little mini quilt is amazing! The pieces must have been very tiny. I don't think my eyes are good enough for 1/2" hexies - lol!

Karyli said...

A very pretty flower.

Karen said...

Welcome back to One Flower Wednesday! Love your flower and pinwheel quilt.

Cynthia L. said...

Very pretty hexi. I love your little mini quilt. I just finished making a mini quilt and I loved the instant gratification you get from making a little quilt.

Julie Fukuda said...

It looks like you are coming up with a plan ... not only your sewing room is well organized. One year I declared "the year of the UFO" and determined not to begin anything new the entire year. I got a lot done but I think the reward of making something new from time to time is a good plan as well.

501 Quilt Blocks said...

Love your flower! Very nice fabric!

Polka Dot Classic said...

I love the colors on your litte flower! Very pretty!
Have a great day
Marta

Marieke (http://quiltpassie.web-log.nl/) said...

Well, it may be a while since your last flower: but it is a beautiful one! Enjoy your projects!