Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Little Sewing Room

Finally!  My sewing room is put together.  This will be a work in progress for quite sometime.  I have three of the white plastic chests; one is in the closet with all of my fabric.  My favorite thing is the wire organizer.  I love that all of my rulers are out where I can find them!  This was the only purchase I made to get this room together.  I still need something to organize my quilting books and magazines.  A few more things to hang on the wall and I'll be happy!



I am truly just about over my machine quilt frame!  It's so big and it's set up at crib size.  I have one more quilt that I'm making as a gift; after that, I will take down this big frame and replace it with a hand quilting frame.  If I make anymore quilts as gifts, I will do simple grid quilting on the sewing machine.  I have wanted to hand quilt for a long time and now is the time to get to it!

I can eliminate the storage totes under the quilt frame when I complete all of the projects that are stored in them.  The International Quilt Show will be in the area in July and you know what that means?!?  I better get busy!

Vickie

3 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

That room is turning me green with envy. If I had a room like that no one would be able to drag me out.

Sue said...

Your sewing room looks wonderful! Looks like you'll have plenty of space to move around.

I love that it looks all clean and organized. Mine could use a good cleaning and organizing!!

Enjoy your new space!

Teresa said...

I had not seen the wire organizer before, but I like it much better than the peg board. I need to find something like that as I am redoing my sewing area too. Where did you find yours? The sewing room is looking very nice.