Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

One Flower Wednesday


I used scraps from the Primitive Pinwheel mini quilt to make these 4 flowers.  Each hexagon measures half inch...tiny!  These went together pretty quickly.  I'm going to piece a few more together and make a table topper for a cabinet that seems to be a catch all since it sits near the front door.  This poor cabinet was looking a little beat up until I applied tung oil to it and now it looks great!  

The Southern California Quilt Run started last weekend.  Eight days to visit 40 participating quilt stores; needless to say, I won't be visiting 40 stores!  Sunday, my husband and I visited the fabulous Fat Quarters Quilt Shop in Vista, CA.  The ladies were so much fun to be around and the products were sublime!  I bought a few patterns, some Buggy Barn fat quarters and some Lecien fat quarters.  From there, we headed over to Temecula to visit Temecula Quilt Co. and Quilters Coop.  I enjoyed these two stores last year and planned a route to include a visit again.  I wanted to round out the day and stop into Stars and Stripes in Corona but we were running short on time and went the wrong way on the freeway.  Turning around wasn't an option since there was so much traffic!  The quilt run continues this weekend and we will visit Stars and Stripes on Saturday.  Fat Quarters Quilt Shop is my all-time favorite.  If you're ever in the San Diego area, plan to visit this great shop.

That's about it!  The weather is finally starting to feel like summer, yay!

Vickie

7 comments:

Raewyn said...

Cute wee hexies Vickie; they will make a lovely table topper. 40 stores in 8 days does sound a bit impossible but I'm sure it will be fun to see what you can fit in!

Sue said...

I love your hexies! Such pretty fabrics. I have been so busy with so many others things that I didn't even realize it was Wednesday!
Hoping things slow down soon so I can get back to blogging and quilting :D

Have a blessed week. Hope you can enjoy some of those shops on the Quilt Run. That sounds heavenly :)

Stray Stitches said...

Your little hexies are beautiful! I have only made a couple of those and know how hard they are to hold onto while sewing. You will have a wonderful table topper!

Karen said...

Tiny and sweet and will make a perfect table topper! It sure would be great to be able to visit all 40 shops and purchase something at each shop!! ;)

Dolly Cloth said...

your hexagon flowers look beautiful

Jeanette said...

Very lovely hexies. Happy Stitching,

Birdie said...

Wow those are tiny, lovely fabrics.