Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Summer Breeze...

...is ready for quilting!


I made the mistake of not sewing on the applique before stitching the blocks!  The pattern was written to applique after the blocks were sewn together.  I had to wrestle with the quilt top to get the three flowers stitched on....I'll not do that again!  All in all, I'm pleased with the applique and happy with the quilt top.  This weekend is the Southern California Quilt Run; I'll be searching for a nice backing fabric for this top, get it quilted and sent off to the young lady I had in mind when I saw this kit.

I bought the kit from Homespun Hearth.  The pattern is Summer Breeze by Seven Brides Design and the fabric is Floral Collection in Pastel by Lecien.  I love the fabric, it's very sweet.

I'm currently stitching the final block for the Camping Quilt.  I purchased a strip pack of Bali Pops batik in Sangria for the pieced blocks.  I chose batiks to keep the quilt on the organic side.

The weather has been chilly and gloomy.  Yuck!  Today is bright and sunny and feels like it will be nice and warm!  This has been a very unusual Spring for us in Sunny So. California.

Vickie

1 comment:

Sue said...

Oh Vickie! That is so lovely! Don't ya just love Lecien fabrics? I love the feel of them and this fabric is just so lovely!
The recipient will cherish it always, I am sure!