Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Small Projects

Over the holiday weekend, I completed two easy, fun, quick projects.

Gathered Round Basket

Same basket, turned inside out!

A Tuffet

The fabric basket, which is reversible, is from A Spoonful of Sugar.  I used a couple of left-over layer cake squares and Pellon fusible fleece.  My circle template was a plate from the kitchen.  This one will be used as a thread catcher in the sewing room.  

Using some fabrics from Fig Tree "Fresh Cotton" charm pack, I made a rectangular Tuffet from Schnibble's "Tuffets" pattern that I bought during the So. California Quilt Run.  I filled it with crushed walnut shells to be used as a pincushion/weight.  The strips were foundation pieced to a piece of batting and muslim.  There are 5 tuffet patterns and I will make them all.  Though I haven't finished a quilt yet this year, I'm happy to have a few small projects finished! :)

And speaking of quilts, I dyed 2 yards of muslim for the Summer Breeze quilt.  It's ready to load up on the frame.  I came across some great Homespun fabrics while visiting a new shop during the quilt run and will use that for the grandson's Camping Quilt.  Previously, I planned on using batiks until I saw the Homespun.  What lovely fabric and will go great with the camping theme.

I need to get busy and finish these two quilts as I have a lot of  projects planned from patterns, fabric, etc., I bought during the quilt run.  These two quilts will be the last larger projects for a while.  I still  need to get busy and get my slip covers for the couch made.

I hope you had a great 4th of July!

Vickie


2 comments:

sunny said...

I need to make a couple of those fabric baskets! Thanks for the reminder. And your tuffet is adorable. I love the fabric you chose.

Sue said...

I really love both of those Vickie! Love the fabrics you used. I have been wanting to make one of those baskets for my sewing room. Maybe when we get back from vacation I will finally find the time to be in my sewing room:D

Blessings and hugs,
Sue