Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

It's Been a Slow Year!

For quilting that is!

 When I left home at the beginning of August to visit with my dad, the plan was he would sell his place and move out here and live with us. Well, everything changed. It's a long story, but he has decided to stay out there for awhile. I was disappointed and do understand. He will come out for extended visits which I look forward to!

 It was so brutally hot the 3 1/2 weeks I was there! Above 100 everyday with humidity. I don't know if one ever gets used to that kind of heat with humidity! It was unusual to have high heat for so long.

 I took plenty of projects with me since I wasn't sure how long I was staying. I managed to finish some stitching on a wool project I started last summer, made two Christmas ornaments stitch the applique to a pillow case I sewed up before leaving and began another small stitchery that still isn't finished!

 I realized today that I haven't finished one quilt this year! I must get the Summer Breeze quilt finished to deliver to the recipient later this month and get the grandsons Camping Quilt finished for Christmas. I think I've been in a bit of slump! I can't begin to think about all of the smaller projects I want to start until these two quilts are done. Next year will be the year of no buying and getting things done! Well except for the BOM I signed up for through Primitive Gatherings! ;)

 I read all of your blogs and need to be better at commenting!

 Vickie

3 comments:

Sue said...

YOu sound busy. It was a busy year for us too and I've also felt like I hit a quilting slump, but am now trying to get back into the swing of things. I think summers get that way for many of us. It's so much easier for me to sew during the winter months.

We had a hot summer for a long while too. One of the hottest in many, many years.

Hope you get back into the swing of things and I'll look forward to seeing what you have for us next.

Hugs,
Sue

Julie Fukuda said...

I think it is hard to get much motivation when it is so hot and humid. My big project is just sitting waiting. Only small finishes done ... but a lot of things going on in the brain ... maybe waiting for a bit of cooler weather.

Teresa said...

Seems like all my projects are big ones this year and I have only completed one quilt -but it was a doozie, at least 7 years in the making. Hope all goes well with your dad. Taking care of aging parents is a special honor, and while it can be stressful - once they are gone you realize how precious that time was.