Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Merry Christmas!!

Trust the Christmas shopping is done and you are relaxing and enjoying the festivities!  Here is my favorite Christmas song:


I'm still hand quilting the Camping quilt.  I missed 4 days last week and have had to toughen up my under finger again!  It's coming along and am so happy to continue.  Two things I have discovered I love about hand quilting; 1) all those pesky thread ends are clipped as I go!; 2) I feel such a sweet connection to the quilt!  That is something I have never experienced before.  The quilt sits on my lap and I get to feel everything I'm doing plus I get to think happy thoughts about my sweet little guy.  I'm not starting anything else until this quilt is finished.

This has been an interesting year.  The grieving process is finished.  I feel joy and peace.  I miss my mom every day and wanted Christmas to be a time I reflect and celebrate her memory instead of dreading and becoming the grinch.  All of those "firsts" after you lose a loved one can become quite difficult.  That is almost complete, too.  I have much to be thankful for and that's what I'm focusing on for Christmas.

My quilting plans for next year is to keep it small!  I have several wall hanging kits that have been purchased during quilt shows that I want to complete.  I have my wool BOM that I need to catch up on and keep going.  I have a couple of quilts I would like to finish that have been in WIP status since about 2002-2004.  I want to make the grandchildren Christmas stockings and Christmas decorations for me!  I could keep going, but I'll stop there.  The list is long and I accept that I am a Slow Poke!

I'm also in the process of re-organizing the sewing room.  I moved my sewing table out during the summer when my dad had planned on moving out here.  Those plans changed and I'm moving forward with what I want to do with the room.  My fabric stash was stuffed in drawers of my 3 rolling plastic cabinets.  It made it hard to find anything without taking it all out!  I bought some acid free picture boxes and have been refolding the fabric to fit in the boxes.  I'm reassembling an old Ikea bookcase that will house all of my fabric boxes and whatnot.  Organization is a must!

Wishing you a Blessed Christmas!

Vickie


No comments: