Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Flowers in the Wood Box

I finished up my January NewFO hosted by Barbara at Cat Patches.  Flowers in the Wood Box is a 24 x 30 inch wall hanging by Red Button Quilt Co.  I bought the kit last summer during the Socal Quilt Run.  The only change I made was to hand embroider the little flowers in each white block instead of wool appliqué.



This was a fun little project and came together quite fast.  

Thank you, Barbara, for hosting this challenge.  I have quite a few more I will be able to click off each month!

Best,

Vickie

3 comments:

Barbara said...

I love this project. Thanks for joining in. I'll be watching for your next projects.

Sue said...

It's beautiful, Vickie! I love the fabrics in it too. Love red and white!

Your embroidery works great in the blocks!

Wendy said...

I love the embroidery for the centers of the blocks.