Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Instant Gratification

It feels like I have been spinning my wheels all month!  I bought fabric and started piecing a baby quilt only to discover I hated the fabrics!  I ripped it out and will have to start from scratch. :(  I needed to feel productive, so I whipped up three little projects:



Brenda's Tote front
Dovecote from Anni Downs A Gardener's Journal

Brenda's Tote back, with pocket


Michael's mug rug



Brenda's Tote is a free pattern from Bird Brain Designs.  There is another pocket on the inside with a muslin lining.  The embroidery design I chose is from Anni Downs A Gardener's Journal Quilt pattern.  I bought the two tea towels from the Bird Brain Design booth at the Road 2 CA quilt show in January.  

The mug rug I made for my husband to place on the bench on his end of the couch.  It measures 14x9.  I used two jelly strips from Brannock and Patek Remebrance jelly roll I've had for a while plus some scrap muslin.  Fun block to put together.  The block came from a pattern I saw in a thread on quilting board and bought the pattern from Fons and Porter.  The pattern is Pick Up Sticks by Bev Getschel.  

Last but not least, I made two pillow cases for my twin granddaughters.  They are turning 2 this Saturday and I'm flying up there for the birthday party.  The main fabric I've had for a couple of years.  I only had to buy a little fabric to complete them.  

I did get a little accomplished this month just not what I had planned on.  

Vickie
 

  

No comments: