Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

March NewFO

I stitched up another small project that I purchased during last year's quilt run.  The pattern is "Table Cozees 3" from Clothesline Quilts.  The fabric I purchased as a project pack for the pattern and not sure who designed them or from what fabric line.  On one piece of fabric, there was enough selvage to read Jo Morton.

A first for me is mitering the corners on the border.  I watched a youtube video by Fons and Porter and went to work.  It worked out well and I like the look.  I may miter border corners more often!



I started and completed two of five blocks from Cottage Charm BOM from 2010.  I have the third block almost complete.





I won the February drawing from Barbara at Cat Patches who is hosting the 2012 NewFO Challenge!  She sent me this super cute quilt pin -- 


The pin measures 1 1/4 inch square.  I can't imagine working with such little pieces!  Thank you, Barbara!!!  I will treasure it always!

Spring was here for a few days and then a storm came through and cooled off!  I must work on some Spring cleaning....maybe then I will be able to relax enough to focus on my sewing projects!!!!  

Vickie

ETA:  Cottage Charm blocks





3 comments:

Barbara said...

What sweet projects. I'm glad you like the quilt pin. I think they're cute.

Vivian said...

Love the Cozee mini--my favorite tyoe of fabrics.

Your cottage BOM blocks look great! If you like you can also link up with Sinta at the Pink Pincushion blog for that one. She is hosting a BOM Rehab for those who are/need to work on BOM projects.

Karen said...

Well done, all so lovely! The quilt pin is very cute too.