Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Teeny Bit of Sewing

Goodness, I haven't done much sewing since April!  I started a little purse last weekend and gave up since curves are a problem for me and my pieces didn't want to fit and I just didn't have the attention span to work it out.  I bagged it up and will revisit it another time.

I finally sewed down the binding on this mug rug I stitched up in March!  That's all of the sewing I have done.  :(

I went clothes shopping a couple of weeks ago and was so discouraged at styles, colors, etc.  I'm going to try my hand at garment sewing and make a few tops that appeal to me!  Aside from the occasional pants hemming or mending, I haven't stitched up a garment in about 28 years.  I have a simple pattern (that doesn't require fitting) and fabric ready to go; I just need to get up the courage to cut into it.  I have been perusing a lot of blogs to re-familarize myself with garment construction.  I'm both excited and apprehensive.

Reorganizing ALL of my things is 95% done.  Cleaned out and donated quite a bit and threw quite a bit away.  I don't have a lot of stuff, just get bored with the task and step away from it for a while.  Spring cleaning has drifted into Summer cleaning!

Vickie

1 comment:

Sunny said...

Hi Vickie, Hope you get this comment. I moved back to PA in March and have just now got my boxes of sewing stuff moved in from the garage so I can arrange on shelves and do some sewing again. I STILL need to finish the border on my grandmother's quilt. But my time has been pretty taken up with all the family back here. I usually always have a pair of socks on the needles though so I can do that in the evenings to relax. I am looking to go back out in my motorhome but when??? So many directions my life is going now I feel like i am spinning :) Hope you are well and hope to see you blogging again.
Sunny