Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Stocking

Back in January, a friend asked me if I could replicate a Christmas stocking.  I took a look at it and felt it would be easy to copy and make a pattern.  It is now finished!

This is the original:



This is my copy:


The toe is a little smaller on my version, but I'm happy with it.

I have done a little more sewing just not quilting related.  I made a small purse and 4 mini tote bags all from the stash.  I'm enrolled in another block of the month through Fat Quarter Shop and stitched up one block.  And, I'm still trying to get up the courage to cut and sew a couple of simple blouses.  :)

That's about all I've been up to all summer!  

Vickie




2 comments:

Sue said...

Very lovely stocking, Vickie! And just in time for the holidays!

So nice to see your post!

Blessings,
Sue

Sunny said...

Very nice stocking! Glad to see your post. I used to make some of my clothes but haven't for many years. Last week I gave alot of scraps and yardages to daughter # 2 who has a 2yo and wants to make a quilt and some clothes for her. I sent her home with 3 regular and 1 large size walmart bags of fabric! It helped rid out my sewing space so maybe I can do some sewing. I'd really like to do a harvest table runner before winter gets here, lol. Have a good weekend!