Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hard to Believe....

...it's a New Year!

I was just reviewing my posts for 2012; 12 posts!  Can we say, I'm not a very good blogger, lol!  And, only 3 completed projects all year.

My grandson's Camping Quilt was the only quilt I finished all year.  He loves it and uses it every night. My has he grown; it's almost too small for him.  The next quilt I make for him will be a twin size.

I have done some sewing and will post pictures once I take them.  I signed up for a 7 month BOM through Fat Quarter Shop and have completed 4 out of 6.  The seventh month is the finishing kit for the top.  The BOM is "Among the Stars" designed by Kimberly Jolly.  The fabrics she chose is Sentiments from 3 Sisters.  Each month is a pattern and enough fabric to make two blocks.  They stitch up quickly and are fun to make.  The fabrics are Christmasy and hope to have a finished quilt to snuggle under by next Christmas!  I want to get months 5 and 6 completed before I receive the finishing set the end of this month!

I was looking through my pattern bin and started picking out all the projects I want to do.  Not until I get these slipcovers made for my couch!  I have started on that big job and should be finished in a week or so.  Then, I can play!  I'm enjoying the process and am taking my time.  

Here's to a happy, healthy, peaceful and joyful New Year!

Vickie

1 comment:

Sue said...

Hi Vickie!

Well don't worry about your blogging. I think I was a terrible blogger last year. In fact, I haven't blogged in three months! I think around the holidays, I just lose interest in it as there are so many other things going on. Last year was just a bit of a rough one anyway.

This year looks to be more promising! I can't blog about it yet, but I'm going to be a grandma in July! I can hardly wait.

Enjoy your new year and may it bring abundant blessings!

Hugs,
Sue