Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Simplicity

Last year I had good intentions to make some Christmas decorations which didn't happen.  Here are a few that I have made since the first of the year:

Primitive Gatherings Christmas Ornaments

Primitive Gatherings pin cushions

Mini Stocking and Candy Cane ornaments
The wool Christmas ornaments from Primitive Gatherings is from a kit I bought at their booth and Road to California quilt show last year.  Three of 12 complete.  The Strawberry Pin Cushion is from Summer Gatherings by Primitive Gatherings.  The rectangle pin cushion is also Primitive Gatherings.  The body is flannel strips with wool.  Quick and fun to make!  The mini stocking is from Bare Roots #58 "Little Christmas Stockings".  I need to take the cuff off and shorten the body of the stocking; it's a little too long.  One of six.  The Candy Cane is from Shabby Fabrics.  Jennifer had an Heirloom Ornament of the Month club; this is the first of seven.  I'm working on the second ornament and had some problems with a ribbon rose embellishment.   Thankfully, I have found a tutorial and was able to successfully complete them.

Lastly, I'm almost finished hand quilting  a wall hanging I completed last year.  I'm waiting for a thimble from the Thimblelady and should receive it later this week then I will quilt the border and attach the binding.

All that's left is to quilt the border and bind.
I purchased a quilt kit to make for my grandson.  It will be a scrappy flannel quilt.  He's just about outgrown the Camping Quilt I finished a year ago.  The new one should last him a long time!

Vickie

1 comment:

Sue said...

I think these Christmas ornaments are so sweet and will be so nice to have for this next Christmas!

Your quilt is beautiful and isn't it nice to hand quilt it :D

Blessings,
Sue