Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Slow Stitching Sunday

I recently crossed a blog that spoke volumes to me.  Kathy at Kathy's Quilts  hosts a weekly link up where quilters/stitchers can join for a Slow Stitching Sunday post.  I have been reading this blog and these posts for a couple of weeks and thought I would join in today.

This little quilt has been a work in progress for about a year.  I put it away and brought it back out about 3 weeks ago to finish the hand quilting on it.  I'm down to the outside borders.


I spent a couple of days stitching blocks at my sewing machine and came away from that with pain behind my left shoulder.  Today was the perfect day to rest the back and put some more hand quilting into this little project.  

Happy Sunday!

Vickie

8 comments:

Sue said...

Very nice Vickie! I ,Ike the idea of slow stitching any day...but slow stitching Sundays is very appropriate since it is meant to be a day of rest.

Happy stitching!

Sue

Quilter Kathy said...

SO happy you can join in the fun! The texture of your quilting looks so wonderful!
Enjoy every slow stitch!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

Lesley said...

Your little quilt is adorable! Have a great day quilting!

Linda said...

Oh boy do I ever know what you mean about that pain in the back! It's so nice to be able to sit and slowly stitch and unwind isn't it? I hope the back is better now.

Cathy said...

Cute. I'm glad you included a pic of your thimble. I'm trying to get used to one and have tried various kinds so am curious what everyone else uses.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I have been stitching along with Kathy for awhile now. It is fun to see everyone else's projects and the progress. Glad you decided to share your stitches.

Deb A said...

So glad you joined in the fun. Kathy has gotten a lot of us to slow stitch. I hope some hand quilting and relaxing helps your shoulder pain.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great to see you get out an old project and hand stitch away.