Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Flowers in the Woodbox

I finished piecing this wallhanging in January, 2012.  I can't remember when I started quilting it, put it away for a while, pulled it back out and finished it!

I didn't quilt the inner border since it's only an inch wide.  I did a simple running stitch around the flower blocks and added some stitching in each flower petal and leaf.  I tried single fold binding for the first time; I don't know why I have never tried it as I like it!  I cut my binding strips Monday and had it completely finished by Monday night.  It still needs to go into the wash and add a hanging sleeve.   Feels good to have a project finished.  Now on to more just like it!



Sue said...

It's so lovely, Vickie! And you have a finish!

Teresa said...

A sweet quilt and congrats on a finish!