Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Iron Caddy Pad Finished

I called it an iron cozy yesterday; the official pattern name is Caddy Pad by Sister's Common Thread.  I finished stitching the binding last night and sewed on the buttons this morning.  This will be a fun way to store my iron and leaving it out in the open, looks better than just looking at my iron.  I can also iron on it!  Double cool!

Iron safely tucked inside the caddy

Instant ironing surface!

The pattern came with the ironing board fabric, I had the main fabric and binding fabric in my stash and I purchased Insul-Bright at Joann's.  The pattern calls for a double layer of Insul-Bright or two layers of Warm and Natural batting.  A fun and functional project!  And, you know how much I like instant gratification!  They also have this pattern for small travel irons. 

Have a great day!

Vickie

No comments: