Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Iron Cozy

My project for Slow Sunday Stitching has been hand sewing binding to an iron cozy I made on Friday. The fabric I used from my stash that I bought 4 years ago while on vacation in Northern California.  This beautiful fabric is from Australia and was difficult to cut into!  Using it for this project allows me to keep the fabric in a larger piece so I can admire it, lol.

The color is a bit washed out in this picture.

I kept getting an orb when I would take the picture.


Once I'm finished, I'll post a picture.  This cozy will be a neat way to store my iron plus its a portable ironing pad.  Pretty cool!

I have been working on my grandson's new quilt.  Its my first scrappy quilt and I wasn't liking it too much until I placed a few blocks together. It made me happy!  I bought the pattern and flannel fat quarter bundle from a LQS.  They had a model of the quilt in the store and I loved it!  This one will be ongoing for awhile since my left shoulder starts to bother me if I'm at the sewing machine for too long.  :(.


I'm linking up with Kathy's Quilts and all the other talented Slow Sunday Stitchers! 

Vickie


2 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Thanks for linking up and sharing your project!
How cool that you keep getting an orb in your photo... maybe it's the pressing fairy trying to help you out!
Love the scrap quilt in development...each block looks so different depending on the placement of the lights and darks!

audrey said...

Love your scrappy little blocks! Great colors.:)