Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July!

I actually just completed a quilt for the Quilts for Kids organization that is red, white and blue!  This was one of those instant gratification projects as it is a very simple pattern and machine quilted.  My grandson, who loves the "blankets" I make for him is my helper with the photo:

Somewhat red, white and blue :)
I told him I would dedicate time every day to get the current quilt I'm piecing, for him, and get it done in time for winter.  He was happy.


I had an extra 4-patch that I couldn't use in the top, so I stitched the label to it, cut it down and hand appliqued it to the back.

Our heat wave has subsided, finally!  We are back to normal temperatures.  We'll be getting together with family tomorrow for some pool time and barbecue. 

Enjoy your day and don't forget to be extra grateful for our Independence!

Vickie

No comments: